
I'd heard stories of the land where there was no litter on the street, and dog shit isn't smeared into the pavements and littered with leaves. But I chose to chalk it up to bullhockey. It turns out that land exists and it's in Japan! The streets of Japan are so clean!! The pavements were free of litter, there was no dog faeces, the air was clean, the buildings looked well kept - it was great! I'd only seen this place in dreams, but the legends were true. The clean land does exist and it's over in Japan. Of course you get odd area's which don't look so clean with tangled electric cables overhead, pussy roaming the street (actual cat's) and buildings that look a tad ragged, but even these area's are rubbish free and look cleaner than the majority of area's in London.
Having to return to London after spending weeks in a country that was so clean felt horrible and dirty. The grey skies, frosty winds and constant rain hardly helped matters.