Yesterday I decided to stop off at my Dad's house after a long day. After eating a pack of his Haribo and watching the first 15 minutes of The big bang theory, I fell asleep on the sofa in what had to be the most awkward position ever. I decided it best that I head home: given I was so tired and had a bag of dairy sat in the back of my car. So I drove home, switched on my PC, switched on my TV, kicked off my trainers and decided to take 5 minutes. 8 hours later I wake up and realize I'd fallen asleep and it's now 6 in the morning.
I've had one of those funny weeks where I've not gotten much sleep and it's finally caught up with me. I have one of such weeks every now and then. My sleeping patterns are pretty erratic, and even when I know I should be tucked up in bed - I force myself into staying up. Or my mind buzzes and I feel productive, and the need to do something creative and some early hour of the morning.
It's nice to have a day where my body decides it's gonna shut itself down and let me sleep right through a good few hours. But at the same time I know that I should treat my body better so it doesn't feel the need to just crash out. I wish I could say it's a lesson learned, but I can't help myself.
I've had one of those funny weeks where I've not gotten much sleep and it's finally caught up with me. I have one of such weeks every now and then. My sleeping patterns are pretty erratic, and even when I know I should be tucked up in bed - I force myself into staying up. Or my mind buzzes and I feel productive, and the need to do something creative and some early hour of the morning.
It's nice to have a day where my body decides it's gonna shut itself down and let me sleep right through a good few hours. But at the same time I know that I should treat my body better so it doesn't feel the need to just crash out. I wish I could say it's a lesson learned, but I can't help myself.