Technical failures

My computer is my world. And it came crashing down a couple of nights ago. Like many things in this thing called life, you don't realize how much you depend on something, until it buggers up.

I was out all evening, didn't get home until 2am, switched on my PC, waited forever for it to boot up, only to find nothing was showing on my desktop! And no amount of multiple restarts, anti virus scans and shut downs seemed to fix it.

I was up until 8 in the bloody morning trying to sort it, to no avail. I Googled for help (as you do) and hit forums for solutions to my problem - which surprisingly was pretty widespread. I began to feel deflated, defeated and downright pissed off after reading things like "You'll need to re-format your hard drive" and "You need to re-install Windows!". Things I really wasn't try'na hear. So after a not so good night's sleep, I woke up and managed to get it sorted. So everything's back on track. At least for now.

I definitely need to make more space on my hard drive and care for my PC more. It dawned on me how I'm forever downloading and creating new files, yet never deleting anything. And how I only ever run an anti-virus scan when something seems wrong. So, I need to embark on a bit of a hard drive spring clean. I've already scanned all my files, done a bit of defrag and registry cleaning. Now all I've gotta do is delete some files and more importantly: back them up.

I'll do all my backing up tomorrow. Leaving my computer to do its file transfer thing whilst I take my now compulsory 2 hour nightly trip to Kijuju.