Murphy's seemed like any old bar and it was pretty sedate when we entered. But after 10 minutes of talking the bar maids' ears off, we didn't want to leave. The younger bar maid (who was around the same age as us) taught us which clubs are good in the area, which clubs suck, how to pick up the local ladies and what to look out for. The older bar maid (who was old enough to be our mothers') parted with some great wisdom: how to swear and say dirty things to girls in Japanese. Aside from great hosts, we also got a dude who did cool renditions of classic rock songs (he did Oasis' "Wonderwall" which always gets everyone going) and also, some surpisingly good food (the younger bar maid makes awesome toasted sandwiches). There was a lot diverting our attention from the football match, and we soon forgot all about it. Well...'they'. My mates were more interested in the football than I was. I couldn't have cared less.
Things took a wild turn when he-who-shall-be-named Mr. I don't drink peeped the shots list and decided to dabble with two of the shots on it. And it's because of this list that Mr. I don't drink ended up completely wasted, talking gibberish, losing the ability to sit up straight, passing out and ending up in an array of compromising positions. Positions and poses that were so funny-yet-bad, that an oath was taken that nobody would upload the pictures to Facebook, and that Mr. I don't drink would have to be cropped out of any pictures that did. Here's a pictuire of said list. Also for the reference of 'Mr. I don't drink' in case he was too trashed to remember it.
If you're ever in Osaka, in the Shinsaibashi area - check out Murphy's. It's a wicked little bar, with great hosts and some really cool talkative regulars.