Like an alcoholic

I like to have a drink when I go out, but hate spending the money. It's so easy for you to squander money away in a club and not realize until the next morning that this shot, that shot, that glass of Red bull and vodka, that 1 pint of beer and that round you bought all added up to you now having an empty wallet (or purse if you're a lay-deee!)

To try and counter this on certain nights out, I'll have a little suttin'-suttin' in a soft drink before I go out, just to loosen me up a little. So I don't have to spend as much when I hit the club trying to hit that point. Because I don't need to be drunk in a club to have a good time, just merry.

There's no alcohol in my household other than a couple o' bottles of wine, so I have to go out and buy the hard stuff that gives the kick. And I hate buying it. It makes me feel like an alcoholic. I feel more embarrassed buying alcohol than I do condoms. Especially when on the conveyor belt there's milk, yogurts, a box of Frosties, some chocolate, cookies and than a bottle of Vodka that's small enough to fit under a bed and swig on. I feel like the person at the checkout is judging me as the bottle slowly moves along the belt, even though when you look down the rows of checkout at your local ASDA or Sainsbury's: near enough everybody has some alcohol in their trolley. This was made worse when a couple of days ago the checkout dude went "Gonna have a swig or Rum tonight then!?"

It's a minor thing I shouldn't be fussed about. But it's a trait of mine that won't die hard. I'm incredibly self-conscious in a lot of situations. And buying alcohol in a supermarket is one of them.