When I heard Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was getting a re-release in HD (not a) remix form - I said to myself I wouldn't bother buying it. Because I already have the Dreamcast version, I'm not fussed about online play and (here's the killer) it'll look absolutely fine on my HDTV.
As I was rooting through my old games stacked in boxes in the bottom of my closet, I decided to hook up my Dreamcast and play Marvel vs. Capcom 2. For old times' sake and to see if I've still got it.
You know that thing I said about the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 looking fine on my TV. I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, or what I was even basing it on. The game looks awful on my HDTV. Colours looked washed out, shit looked blurry. No vibrance, no sharpness, no go. So that's me buying the HD re-release. No diss to the Dreamcast though. Wii games look just as bad on a HDTV without component cables, and that's a console that was put out after HD was taking off.
I may hook it up again for some practice though. My skills were a bit rusty. Air combo's and supers were not linking tight how they used to.
As I was rooting through my old games stacked in boxes in the bottom of my closet, I decided to hook up my Dreamcast and play Marvel vs. Capcom 2. For old times' sake and to see if I've still got it.
You know that thing I said about the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 looking fine on my TV. I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, or what I was even basing it on. The game looks awful on my HDTV. Colours looked washed out, shit looked blurry. No vibrance, no sharpness, no go. So that's me buying the HD re-release. No diss to the Dreamcast though. Wii games look just as bad on a HDTV without component cables, and that's a console that was put out after HD was taking off.
I may hook it up again for some practice though. My skills were a bit rusty. Air combo's and supers were not linking tight how they used to.