If you're unfortunate enough to not have Super Saiyan teleport powers, yet you wanna get somewhere real fast and hassle free: you ride a bullet train. Or the Shinkansen if you want to be Japanese proper.
Initially I thought riding the Shinkansen would have me feeling an insane sense of speed and like I was on the holo-deck of the Star Trek Enterprise. With the train carriages enveloped in beams of light as they warp to their destination. But a train is a train. The difference between the Shinkansen to other trains is that it travels faster. And with it being a Japanese thing, of course the carriages are dead clean and sanitary. I felt like I shouldn't really be eating on it because it's so clean. But hunger soon kicked in; and I soon devoured some pastries cakes, drinks and left crumbs, which I'm sure had the cleaners cursing me out as "That blasted gaijin who left his kind size crumbs all up in the chair and on the floor".
Riding a Shinkansen really is not that big a deal. High speed rails aren't exclusive to Japan after all, with Europe having the Eurostar. But it's cool to say you've been on one. Saying you've taken a ride on a bullet train is always cool. Well...when you say it to somebody who hasn't been on one.
Initially I thought riding the Shinkansen would have me feeling an insane sense of speed and like I was on the holo-deck of the Star Trek Enterprise. With the train carriages enveloped in beams of light as they warp to their destination. But a train is a train. The difference between the Shinkansen to other trains is that it travels faster. And with it being a Japanese thing, of course the carriages are dead clean and sanitary. I felt like I shouldn't really be eating on it because it's so clean. But hunger soon kicked in; and I soon devoured some pastries cakes, drinks and left crumbs, which I'm sure had the cleaners cursing me out as "That blasted gaijin who left his kind size crumbs all up in the chair and on the floor".
Riding a Shinkansen really is not that big a deal. High speed rails aren't exclusive to Japan after all, with Europe having the Eurostar. But it's cool to say you've been on one. Saying you've taken a ride on a bullet train is always cool. Well...when you say it to somebody who hasn't been on one.