There's something just a little odd about seeing Tommy Lee Jones' unhappy mug on a vending machine. The guy is everywhere! You turn a corner late at night and PLOW!! There he is. Mean mugging. Cutting you a look like he wants to rape you whilst gagging you with a can of BOSS coffee.
I genuinely thought the people at Suntory just Googled Tommy lee Jones and stuck his picture on their machines. But it turns out he's the spokesperson and face of the brand now. I wonder why they chose him over an established Japanese actor, actress or singer...
Boss became the mantra for our holiday. Because my friends and I can be a little sad like that. It became quite calming seeing Tommy's unhappy mug on drinks machines. It was the one constant and familiar thing we kept seeing throughout the whole holiday. We didn't know how to say much in Japanese, couldn't identify the woman in the Sony Aquos advert or ask if we were on the right train platform. But we knew the man on the BOSS vending machines. If only I'd known that Suntory's headquarters were in Osaka when I was there, I would've gone there and asked for a signed poster.
I genuinely thought the people at Suntory just Googled Tommy lee Jones and stuck his picture on their machines. But it turns out he's the spokesperson and face of the brand now. I wonder why they chose him over an established Japanese actor, actress or singer...
Boss became the mantra for our holiday. Because my friends and I can be a little sad like that. It became quite calming seeing Tommy's unhappy mug on drinks machines. It was the one constant and familiar thing we kept seeing throughout the whole holiday. We didn't know how to say much in Japanese, couldn't identify the woman in the Sony Aquos advert or ask if we were on the right train platform. But we knew the man on the BOSS vending machines. If only I'd known that Suntory's headquarters were in Osaka when I was there, I would've gone there and asked for a signed poster.