J in Japan: The baffled lady

Asakusa's most baffled resident
As we were walking through this little district in Asakusa to head to the arcades, we passed this lady. She looked confused. Not "Oh, shit. Where's my keys?" confused. More like "What-the hell amI doing here? What time is it? Wow! Look at thesky? Oh shit, I-thinkI'm in trouble. Oh, I'mma be sick... Where da f**k is my house? You bitch! Nani des- a?" confused.

My mates and I wandered around the area for a bit. Thought 'Might as well!' seeing as we'd had not other plans and hadn't really had the chance to check out the area as it's usually swarmed with people, and on this night it was eerily quiet. We stood outside a Panchiko parlour whilst I ran off the list of reasons why we should NOT go inside and why Pachinko should be banned from existence, sat down and kicked it with some Grape Fanta's, went to the arcades to play a lil' Street Fighter IV, went to find the Salon where the sexy ladies line up and bow when you walk in and talk to you in fascination of you being a gaijin, and then headed back. And this woman was STILL wandering around in the same place. There wasn't even any point trying to talk to her. Between her looking like she was 20 meters from her rocker that was already smashed to pieces and the language barrier, us interfering probably would've confused her even more. Could you imagine? Home girl is already confused, and now she has a group of gaijin all up in her shit too! The last thing she needed. I do hope she's okay though. I think 'Chugokujin' got her name and said he'd Facebook her.

The chugokujin ... and J in Den Den town | ...and J in Dōtonbori | ...holiday romance fail