.jpg)
Everybody knows that Japan's phones are the absolute SHAT! First off, the designs. Slick, trendy, a little thick 'n weighty. But still slickitty-slick! No matter whether you want a slidey phone, a flip clam shell phone, a plain ol' candy bar handset, or a touch screen phone - there's something to suit your tastes and preferences. I'm all about the flip phones. A slick flip phone with an LED display is just the epitome of a hot Japanese keitai.
Aside from the sexy looks, Japanese phones do lots of shit. Almost too much! Near enough every Japanese phone has Internet access, texting is way ahead of dusty Western phones: with a host of emoticons, jingles and shit to embed within them. And many phones can also stream TV. Yes... You can watch television on your damn phone! This isn't new technology. There are phones in the West that can do this, and have been able to for years. But the quality of the picture on Japanese phones shits all over Western pieces of shit phones. Plus, the way in which you can Optimus prime your shit by swivelling out an aerial and twisting the screen so it's in a wide screen format means you can comfortably hold your phone whilst your watching your shit in the best possible way.
.jpg)
One dude we met at Murphy's bar worked at Panasonic and was complaining his company given phone wasn't that good. All the while his shit is transforming and streaming terrestrial television channels in crystal clear quality with no lag. Folk in Japan (whether they're gaijin or locals) clearly have different standards of quality when it comes to phones (amongst other things). His phone shitted all over mine. I was so frank (and a little tipsy) as he showed me the phone that I may have accidentally blurted out "Fool. Then give the phone to me. I'll take it!" He laughed. Whilst I secretly kinda meant what I said, like he'd actually give the phone to me. Shit. You don't ask, you don't get!
People in Japan are phone whores. So make sure you got a nice handset out there. Regardless of the colour of your skin or your height - you can blend in nicely on Subways and on train platforms if you stare vacantly at your phone and keep pushing buttons. Do this and you're on the path to turning Japanese.
Aside from the sexy looks, Japanese phones do lots of shit. Almost too much! Near enough every Japanese phone has Internet access, texting is way ahead of dusty Western phones: with a host of emoticons, jingles and shit to embed within them. And many phones can also stream TV. Yes... You can watch television on your damn phone! This isn't new technology. There are phones in the West that can do this, and have been able to for years. But the quality of the picture on Japanese phones shits all over Western pieces of shit phones. Plus, the way in which you can Optimus prime your shit by swivelling out an aerial and twisting the screen so it's in a wide screen format means you can comfortably hold your phone whilst your watching your shit in the best possible way.
.jpg)
One dude we met at Murphy's bar worked at Panasonic and was complaining his company given phone wasn't that good. All the while his shit is transforming and streaming terrestrial television channels in crystal clear quality with no lag. Folk in Japan (whether they're gaijin or locals) clearly have different standards of quality when it comes to phones (amongst other things). His phone shitted all over mine. I was so frank (and a little tipsy) as he showed me the phone that I may have accidentally blurted out "Fool. Then give the phone to me. I'll take it!" He laughed. Whilst I secretly kinda meant what I said, like he'd actually give the phone to me. Shit. You don't ask, you don't get!
People in Japan are phone whores. So make sure you got a nice handset out there. Regardless of the colour of your skin or your height - you can blend in nicely on Subways and on train platforms if you stare vacantly at your phone and keep pushing buttons. Do this and you're on the path to turning Japanese.