Dreams

I can usually tell when I've had a good nights sleep when I've dreamt. I had my first dream in a long while last week. And pretty much every night since then I've been dreaming away. I began to forget how nice it felt to have a good ol' slumber and dream.

Not dreaming at night also seemed to have parallels with my life during my time awake. I wasn't dreaming in my sleep, and as a result I seemed to lose sight of my dreams in life. I actually forgot I had dreams. Things I used to believe in, aspire to be, things I wanted from life. And finally sleeping for a decent amount of hours and dreaming in that space of time seems to be waking me up, and allowing me to remember those dreams I had and still have. To begin to see that light that I hadn't even realized had been dimmed for so long.

I never knew how easy it was to lose sight of such things. How fortunate I am to be able to wake up from a dream, and see a brand new day which allows me to have one.