Two nights in a row I've managed to get in bed my midnight. 1 o' clock in the morning at the absolute latest. I can't see this lasting. But I'm going to try my earnest to keep it up. I've been running on such little sleep for so many years that I've pretty much acclimatized to it. But my body always functions best when I've had a good 8 to 10 hours sleep the previous night, and I feel better for it in the mornings. Most people do. After all, 8 to 10 hours is the recommended amount of sleep we should all be getting.
It is really hard for me. Because I am a complete night person. I feel the most creative, functional, driven and on form during the night. It's a strange thing. Conversations with my Grandmother on my father's side brought to light she's exactly the same. Late nights, not enough sleep and always finding herself the most active during the night. We were almost glad to have found out that we were both night creatures of habit. Solace that we're not alone and complete freaks. My mum is also the same. So I think it's a genetic thing that's been passed to me from my Mum and has skipped a generation with my Dad and been passed to me.
At early hours of the morning I can be found cooking. Tidying up. Ironing. Blogging. Pod casting. Going through my letters. Having a clear out. (At the moment) Sorting out applications for new jobs. Anything and everything but sleeping. But not tonight! I'm putting my foot down. Bed by Half past midnight. So whilst I will blog another post (or two) after this one for the night. I'll take this opportunity to say "Good night!"
It is really hard for me. Because I am a complete night person. I feel the most creative, functional, driven and on form during the night. It's a strange thing. Conversations with my Grandmother on my father's side brought to light she's exactly the same. Late nights, not enough sleep and always finding herself the most active during the night. We were almost glad to have found out that we were both night creatures of habit. Solace that we're not alone and complete freaks. My mum is also the same. So I think it's a genetic thing that's been passed to me from my Mum and has skipped a generation with my Dad and been passed to me.
At early hours of the morning I can be found cooking. Tidying up. Ironing. Blogging. Pod casting. Going through my letters. Having a clear out. (At the moment) Sorting out applications for new jobs. Anything and everything but sleeping. But not tonight! I'm putting my foot down. Bed by Half past midnight. So whilst I will blog another post (or two) after this one for the night. I'll take this opportunity to say "Good night!"