
One of my mates got to check out Tokyo tower (something I didn't get to do, but is on the list for J in Japan: 2010). From there he saw the imperial garden, and reported back to the rest of us how cool it looked and that we should go there. Waking up one morning with nothing to do, it seemed to make perfect sense to go check this garden out. What a waste of flippin' time.
I'm sure whatever my buddy saw from the tower looked spectacular. But the views we had from the groud weren't as amazing. You get to walk around all the cool looking buildings, but can't go inside any of them. Every time we tried to walk into one, an M. Bison gave us the X-arms symbol - which means "No!" Splendid. So we had to make do with lots of grass walls. More grass. Walls. A swan. Some shrubs. More grass, and more walls. Oooo!! And gravel.


The imperial garden seems to like to play pranks too. Not far from the Tōkagakudō music hall was this incredibly steep hill. One of the sign posts at the bottom had stated there is a structure at the top. Only, when you reach the top - you find there's nothing there except for a plaque that says "There used to be a building here, but in the [insert relevant era here], it was [insert appropriate term for the buildings demise here]". I could have spat in somebody's face I was so pissed off. So back down the hill I went: moving down it faster than my legs could carry me. I feel sorry for any old people that brave that hill. Although most of Japan's elderly are probably spring chickens and more chipper than I am. They probably could have ran me up the hill on piggy back and then ran me down again without breaking a sweat (or a rib).
The imperial palace was boring. I honestly felt like I wasted a whole day at the place. One of the guys (the one who suggested we go check it out) did apologize for the suggestion. It was a 5 month late apology, but he did apologize. There are some nice sights, but nothing looks as spectacular up close as it does from a distance. The only cool thing I can say about visiting about the place is that one section of it looked like Taki's stage in Soul Calibur II. But other than that...
I'm sure whatever my buddy saw from the tower looked spectacular. But the views we had from the groud weren't as amazing. You get to walk around all the cool looking buildings, but can't go inside any of them. Every time we tried to walk into one, an M. Bison gave us the X-arms symbol - which means "No!" Splendid. So we had to make do with lots of grass walls. More grass. Walls. A swan. Some shrubs. More grass, and more walls. Oooo!! And gravel.


The imperial garden seems to like to play pranks too. Not far from the Tōkagakudō music hall was this incredibly steep hill. One of the sign posts at the bottom had stated there is a structure at the top. Only, when you reach the top - you find there's nothing there except for a plaque that says "There used to be a building here, but in the [insert relevant era here], it was [insert appropriate term for the buildings demise here]". I could have spat in somebody's face I was so pissed off. So back down the hill I went: moving down it faster than my legs could carry me. I feel sorry for any old people that brave that hill. Although most of Japan's elderly are probably spring chickens and more chipper than I am. They probably could have ran me up the hill on piggy back and then ran me down again without breaking a sweat (or a rib).
The imperial palace was boring. I honestly felt like I wasted a whole day at the place. One of the guys (the one who suggested we go check it out) did apologize for the suggestion. It was a 5 month late apology, but he did apologize. There are some nice sights, but nothing looks as spectacular up close as it does from a distance. The only cool thing I can say about visiting about the place is that one section of it looked like Taki's stage in Soul Calibur II. But other than that...