
As we walked along the street to make our way into the heart of Akihabara, a video games' store had a Super Nintendo (Super Famicom if we're keepin' it Japanese) set up out front, with a copy of Super Street Fighter II and 2 controllers. We all stood and watched the 2 guys playing. And after receiving a rather swift beating, one of them walked away in which I'm assuming was shame. (I'm pretty sure my laughing didn't help the esteem). A controller was free, so my buddy 'the chugokujin' stepped up. The first thing that ran through my mind was "He's going to get his arse kicked so bad!" But surprisingly 'the chugokujin' laid a swift smack down! The new challenger was the victor, and on that note: the loser made a swift exit. Again, I was stood there laughing the whole time. And again, somebody was made to walk away with their confidence to play Street Fighter in public in complete tatters. I like to think the chugokujin and I made a mark that day. Albeit an obnoxiously bad one.