.jpg)
Last night I found out Lightning's real name. Wasn't quite the reveal I was hoping for. Part of me was hoping we wouldn't find out at all. Cool, bad ass characters in games and movies can get away with never having their real name be revealed. It's like a rule. It adds to their cool factor and helps them remain an enigma. Like the one part of them you can never get a hold of. Cool characters with code names and aliases are often so busy wowing with their bad arsery that you never really want to know their name any way, because it doesn't matter. But poor Lightning's real name gets dropped in a cut scene like it's nothing. Somebody at Square Enix obviously played Metal Gear Solid and got the good canon ending, because the name reveal is every bit as "Hell no?!" as Snake goin' soft on a snow mobile and revealing his name is Dave.
Why taint a cool alias with such a boring real name? Lightning should be Lightning, Snake should be Snake, The Bride should be The bride.
The name reveal hit me so bad that I just switched off the game and went to bed. I didn't even save the game. I just hope characters don't start getting familiar and calling Lightning by it. I'm hoping Lightning gets fresh with people who do. She's turned a little soft lately. I preferred Lightning when she was regulating and making people feel bad, with lines such as "You're nothing but talk", "You're too soft", "Now you're gonna marry this idiot?" (Right in the idiot's face), "Get outta my house!" and bitch slapping ho's for what happened to her sister.
Why taint a cool alias with such a boring real name? Lightning should be Lightning, Snake should be Snake, The Bride should be The bride.
The name reveal hit me so bad that I just switched off the game and went to bed. I didn't even save the game. I just hope characters don't start getting familiar and calling Lightning by it. I'm hoping Lightning gets fresh with people who do. She's turned a little soft lately. I preferred Lightning when she was regulating and making people feel bad, with lines such as "You're nothing but talk", "You're too soft", "Now you're gonna marry this idiot?" (Right in the idiot's face), "Get outta my house!" and bitch slapping ho's for what happened to her sister.