I had a dream last night. But the whole time I was dreaming, I was consciously aware that I'd had the exact same dream before. Or so I thought...
I had this one dream ages ago. It's crazy that I actually still remember it. I wasn't actually in the dream myself. It was one of those TV show dreams; where you're just watching events unfold, US sitcom style. At the end of this particular dream one of the characters died, and it was at that moment I woke up.
Passages of time pass by and last night I have the exact same dream, with a twist: I was in it this time. The dream played out how it did before, except it featured additional scenes (I'm talking about this dream like it's a DVD) and these scenes were one's in which I was in. Some typical TV drama love, arguments and spats later, and my dream is at the point I woke up the first time around - with somebody dying. I turn up and run over to the dying person, and it turns out they're not dead. (*gasp!* Dream plot twist!) The person attempted to try and fake their own death, rather than tell the person they love that they're HIV positive. (I know... heavy right?) I shake 'em up and give a self righteous speech about not thinking about how the other person feels, and how they're selfish for denying their loved one some last moments and chance to create new memories to remember them by. Then just as the person began to cry at my words, I woke up.
It was such a strange dream. I couldn't help but wonder if it held some significance. I've never re-dreamed a dream before. And neither have I had a dream (which I can recall) which had such a strong poignant theme at the end of it.
I had this one dream ages ago. It's crazy that I actually still remember it. I wasn't actually in the dream myself. It was one of those TV show dreams; where you're just watching events unfold, US sitcom style. At the end of this particular dream one of the characters died, and it was at that moment I woke up.
Passages of time pass by and last night I have the exact same dream, with a twist: I was in it this time. The dream played out how it did before, except it featured additional scenes (I'm talking about this dream like it's a DVD) and these scenes were one's in which I was in. Some typical TV drama love, arguments and spats later, and my dream is at the point I woke up the first time around - with somebody dying. I turn up and run over to the dying person, and it turns out they're not dead. (*gasp!* Dream plot twist!) The person attempted to try and fake their own death, rather than tell the person they love that they're HIV positive. (I know... heavy right?) I shake 'em up and give a self righteous speech about not thinking about how the other person feels, and how they're selfish for denying their loved one some last moments and chance to create new memories to remember them by. Then just as the person began to cry at my words, I woke up.
It was such a strange dream. I couldn't help but wonder if it held some significance. I've never re-dreamed a dream before. And neither have I had a dream (which I can recall) which had such a strong poignant theme at the end of it.