I switched on my TV today. Pretty normal and nothing out of the ordinary. Except it was the first time I'd turned it on in over 4 weeks. I honestly don't watch much television (as you might have gathered). I might indulge in it if I'm kickin' it with the Gram-Grams (she's a soap opera freak who seems to watch even more television now that she has some big ol' HDTV in her living room). But at home, it's become an increasing rarity.
On evenings when I'd be at home and on my PC I would always turn on the TV for background noise. Always the same channel which airs the same programs. I guess I just liked the familiarity. Knowing what the channel would air, what I'd hear and just the routine of turning it on. Plus, growing up as a latch key kid and spending much of my child hood gaming at home alone, I developed this unhealthy need to have a TV on at all times. I wasn't able to sleep without a TV on until I was about 13.
4 weeks of no TV also means 4 weeks of no console gaming. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered to break my neck to renew my Live account back in April when I've not really played my 360 much since doing so.
On evenings when I'd be at home and on my PC I would always turn on the TV for background noise. Always the same channel which airs the same programs. I guess I just liked the familiarity. Knowing what the channel would air, what I'd hear and just the routine of turning it on. Plus, growing up as a latch key kid and spending much of my child hood gaming at home alone, I developed this unhealthy need to have a TV on at all times. I wasn't able to sleep without a TV on until I was about 13.
4 weeks of no TV also means 4 weeks of no console gaming. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered to break my neck to renew my Live account back in April when I've not really played my 360 much since doing so.