That age old stigma continues to linger around gaming. That those of us who game in any capacity must be socially inept deadbeats who wouldn't know a sexual organ if it smothered us in the face and stole our Game reward card. And whilst this may be true for some, it's a bit of a sweeping generalization. Gamers be wantin' some love too, and are schooled in the ways of how to get it.
I've never dated a gamer before, or been in any sexual or court-ery situation with one. But I found myself in a court-ery situation with a gamer a few days ago.
A couple of hours into an evening out, and I found myself being chatted up by a gamer. It was funny... Because the whole time he was running his mouth off in a bid to get my number and my underpants, it never once occurred to me that he was a gamer. He mentioned he'd been on his Xbox 360 all day, and that he had Kinect - to which I rolled my eyes (sorry Microsoft. I've yet to develop love for your motion sensed offering). And then he mentioned he'd been playing Call of duty all evening. I then interjected with "Oh, Black ops!?" He looked at me shocked that I'd actually heard of Call of duty, and new of the latest game. Then he quickly fixed his face into a cheeky smoulder and shot back with "Yeah. But you're my Black ops!" I damn near died of laughter. And then I wondered: Is this the courtship ritual between gamers? Using cheesy game references to entice one another!? I'm not sure if it's even an arena, or if it was worth me thinking too much into. But it was bloody funny.
As much as I was floored and impressed by the quickness of the Black ops chat-up line, the guy got nothing from me. Well...that's a bit of a lie. He did get my number. Turns out he works at Game, fancies the pants off me, and is willing to hook me up with discount. Score!! Christmas just got a bit more awesome. I have a list of games I want / need for the holidays.
I've never dated a gamer before, or been in any sexual or court-ery situation with one. But I found myself in a court-ery situation with a gamer a few days ago.
A couple of hours into an evening out, and I found myself being chatted up by a gamer. It was funny... Because the whole time he was running his mouth off in a bid to get my number and my underpants, it never once occurred to me that he was a gamer. He mentioned he'd been on his Xbox 360 all day, and that he had Kinect - to which I rolled my eyes (sorry Microsoft. I've yet to develop love for your motion sensed offering). And then he mentioned he'd been playing Call of duty all evening. I then interjected with "Oh, Black ops!?" He looked at me shocked that I'd actually heard of Call of duty, and new of the latest game. Then he quickly fixed his face into a cheeky smoulder and shot back with "Yeah. But you're my Black ops!" I damn near died of laughter. And then I wondered: Is this the courtship ritual between gamers? Using cheesy game references to entice one another!? I'm not sure if it's even an arena, or if it was worth me thinking too much into. But it was bloody funny.
As much as I was floored and impressed by the quickness of the Black ops chat-up line, the guy got nothing from me. Well...that's a bit of a lie. He did get my number. Turns out he works at Game, fancies the pants off me, and is willing to hook me up with discount. Score!! Christmas just got a bit more awesome. I have a list of games I want / need for the holidays.