
I guess one redeeming factor of L.A Noire is that one of my friends (the Chugokujin) found it so boring that he decided to play Mass effect - a game he had attempted to play once years before and gave up on because he had zero interest in it. The Mass effect fan in me doesn't know whether to be happy he finally caught onto the game after me pestering him on how good it is, or offended that he figured he may as well play it because the game he was playing before was just THAT bad.
Whenever my mates and I get together and the topic of games comes up (which is pretty much all the time) Mass effect is a game we turn inside out. We'll all sit and talk about which decisions we picked, boast about "My Shepard", which tramp on the Normandy we had open her legs - we dissect and unload our fanboygasm in Mass effect's face.
This friend of mine would always roll his eyes, ask if we could talk about something else, look completely disinterested and nip off for a cigarette. He was not interested in anything to do with Mass effect. We tried to get him into the game and entice him with how the second game has a much brisker pace and more shooting (he loves a brisk pace and lots of shooting) but he wasn't having any of it.
These texts became somewhat of a regular occurance.
Fool: I'm bored. I've got no games to play!
Me: Play Mass effect.
Fool: No.
Whenever my mates and I get together and the topic of games comes up (which is pretty much all the time) Mass effect is a game we turn inside out. We'll all sit and talk about which decisions we picked, boast about "My Shepard", which tramp on the Normandy we had open her legs - we dissect and unload our fanboygasm in Mass effect's face.
This friend of mine would always roll his eyes, ask if we could talk about something else, look completely disinterested and nip off for a cigarette. He was not interested in anything to do with Mass effect. We tried to get him into the game and entice him with how the second game has a much brisker pace and more shooting (he loves a brisk pace and lots of shooting) but he wasn't having any of it.
These texts became somewhat of a regular occurance.
Fool: I'm bored. I've got no games to play!
Me: Play Mass effect.
Fool: No.
Me: Then shut up.
I switched his name there without warning. Fool is the Chugoku-jin. From here on out, I will be referring to him as Fool.
Fast forward to May, and Fool and I decide we need L.A Noire in our mother fucking lives. We buy the game. We head home. We play the game. The next day we're exchanging texts of how boring it is, and contemplate over whether we wasted our time going on such a mission to get the game (the general consensus is that we very much wasted our time). I stop playing L.A Noire because frankly I want to live, and the game is boring me close to death. So I begin my second playthrough of Mass effect 1 so that I can change Kaidan's fate. And Fool gets so bored of L.A Noire that he decides he is going to give Mass effect another chance. He loves it. Breezes his way through that game (he missed a shit load of side quests. I told him off for this) And then trades in L.A Noire for Mass effect 2.
He wants to discuss the game. I refuse to discuss it with him, because I'm stubborn and feel I should punish him in some form for rejecting the game for so many years. But me just loving to talk ears off and my stan like stance for Mass effect will have me cave by this evening.
I switched his name there without warning. Fool is the Chugoku-jin. From here on out, I will be referring to him as Fool.
Fast forward to May, and Fool and I decide we need L.A Noire in our mother fucking lives. We buy the game. We head home. We play the game. The next day we're exchanging texts of how boring it is, and contemplate over whether we wasted our time going on such a mission to get the game (the general consensus is that we very much wasted our time). I stop playing L.A Noire because frankly I want to live, and the game is boring me close to death. So I begin my second playthrough of Mass effect 1 so that I can change Kaidan's fate. And Fool gets so bored of L.A Noire that he decides he is going to give Mass effect another chance. He loves it. Breezes his way through that game (he missed a shit load of side quests. I told him off for this) And then trades in L.A Noire for Mass effect 2.
He wants to discuss the game. I refuse to discuss it with him, because I'm stubborn and feel I should punish him in some form for rejecting the game for so many years. But me just loving to talk ears off and my stan like stance for Mass effect will have me cave by this evening.