Gaming journal: Mass effect 3 | 04. Decisions, decisions

Mass effect 3 | Random J's gaming journal

Mass effect 3's choices are some sons of bitches. If you thought the now iconic Mass effect 1 decision on Virmire was a titty twister, just wait until you see some of the shit this game makes you choose between. We're talking choices between whether a race survives or goes into extinction. Whether a remote colony of civilians live or die. Whether to plug out a n***a's life support or let him live in pain. This is Mass effect 3 for you. Some real hum dingers for you to suck on. And even when you think you've made the right choice, there is often a consequence which results in death. There is a lot of death in Mass effect 3. So much so that I think it should have been made a viable romance option for Shepard.


I've already regretted making some of the choices I've made. And it's even making me question choices I'd made in Mass effect 1 and 2. I don't think I can take going through those two again so soon, having gone through them both a second time not even a month ago. But I am already keen to give Mass effect 3 a do over and I've not even completed it yet. Just to see how different decisions play out. And because this game is so fucking good and features such cool missions, that I want to relive them all over again.

Verdict: I may need to play this through like...two or three times.