It would seem the universe is redeeming itself to me, having had me miss Hikaru Utada's London gig 2 years ago. This won't mean much to those who know not of me, my personal cesspool of a blog and my music related cesspool of a blog. But I'll bring you up to speed. Hikaru Utada is one of the biggest J-Pop stars in Japan. I love the bitch more than members of my own family and my best friends. And when she announced a one off gig in London, I bought a ticket, only to be told 3 weeks before the gig that my ticket was an over allocated ticket and I could not go. I then pinned my hopes on there being the slim chance that perhaps my 2nd J-Pop fixation Crystal Kay would come over to London to perform. But alas....nothing.
Last year I had attended the Final Fantasy concert Distant worlds (there is a connection. I promise. Stay with me). It was an amazing event and much to the delight of every Final Fantasy stan and Nobuo Uematsu groupie, the announcement was made on the night that Distant worlds would return to London. N***as gave exact dates of the gig and when the tickets would go on sale. Fast forward to the ticket sale date, I hop onto Ticketmaster and the official website of the Royal Albert halls to buy tick-SOLD OUT. I was a little heartbroken (by little I mean distraught and on the edge of a breakdown) but took solace in that I had at least been to one Distant worlds gig. London's very first no less. Eventually I got over this and my life went on. But then there was a shock announcement. CRYSTAL KAY WAS GOING TO BE PERFORMING AS A GUEST VOCALIST! I relapsed back into a state of world loathing and began cussing out Galactus (my God) as to why he had to have me miss the two women I love in my life more than my own mother.
As fate would have it on a random Monday I had decided to book off of work and do productive things with such as sit at my PC and do fuck all, I would troll the official website of the Royal Albert hall and discover...THERE ARE TICKETS!! Not just any old dead tickets. GOOD ASS SEAT TICKETS!!! But Galactus would not make it easy. He would have Verified by Visa copblock my tickets, throw them out of my basket and have me ring my bank to LET THE DAMN PAYMENT GO THRU!! 20 minutes of me screaming FIX DIS on a Monday later (I'm lying. My call lasted 2 minutes and they sorted the issue out straight away) I had tickets. I have tickets.
I am attending the second Distant worlds concert in London at the Royal Albert hall where I will also get to see one of my favourite J-Pop artists perform. What are the chances of my getting run over by a bus on Friday night on Kensington high street at 6:30pm? Galactus. Protect me please.
I will be tweeting from my good ass seat during the event. Bringing you live updates on everything to what my seat smells like, to which snack I managed to pull out of my mystery coat pocket to suppress my hunger, to how much I want to run my fingers through Nobuo Uematsu's beard.
Last year I had attended the Final Fantasy concert Distant worlds (there is a connection. I promise. Stay with me). It was an amazing event and much to the delight of every Final Fantasy stan and Nobuo Uematsu groupie, the announcement was made on the night that Distant worlds would return to London. N***as gave exact dates of the gig and when the tickets would go on sale. Fast forward to the ticket sale date, I hop onto Ticketmaster and the official website of the Royal Albert halls to buy tick-SOLD OUT. I was a little heartbroken (by little I mean distraught and on the edge of a breakdown) but took solace in that I had at least been to one Distant worlds gig. London's very first no less. Eventually I got over this and my life went on. But then there was a shock announcement. CRYSTAL KAY WAS GOING TO BE PERFORMING AS A GUEST VOCALIST! I relapsed back into a state of world loathing and began cussing out Galactus (my God) as to why he had to have me miss the two women I love in my life more than my own mother.
As fate would have it on a random Monday I had decided to book off of work and do productive things with such as sit at my PC and do fuck all, I would troll the official website of the Royal Albert hall and discover...THERE ARE TICKETS!! Not just any old dead tickets. GOOD ASS SEAT TICKETS!!! But Galactus would not make it easy. He would have Verified by Visa copblock my tickets, throw them out of my basket and have me ring my bank to LET THE DAMN PAYMENT GO THRU!! 20 minutes of me screaming FIX DIS on a Monday later (I'm lying. My call lasted 2 minutes and they sorted the issue out straight away) I had tickets. I have tickets.
I am attending the second Distant worlds concert in London at the Royal Albert hall where I will also get to see one of my favourite J-Pop artists perform. What are the chances of my getting run over by a bus on Friday night on Kensington high street at 6:30pm? Galactus. Protect me please.
I will be tweeting from my good ass seat during the event. Bringing you live updates on everything to what my seat smells like, to which snack I managed to pull out of my mystery coat pocket to suppress my hunger, to how much I want to run my fingers through Nobuo Uematsu's beard.