
After a long time of not really caring about the Wii U, over the past 6 months I'd finally been tempted. Lured. The carrot had been dangled. Firstly by playing Super Mario 3D world at a friends house (amazing game by the way) and then by seeing Mario Kart 8 looking all sorts of amazing and shit. The thought of knowing a couple of my friends have Wii U's and would be tearing it up on the racetrack in this game online without me - I did not like. Plus, Mario Kart 8 was looking like the type of game that you just have to own. So I bought myself a Wii U.
It would seem that the timing was perfect, as I managed to pick one up for just £200. I say 'just' as though £200 is not a lot of money (which is it to me. My plans for a June getaway have now been dashed). But for a new premium edition of a console bundled with not 1, but 2 games is a steal. Tesco had a special offer where they were selling the Mario Kart 8 console bundle for £220 and were also running an offer where you could get £20 off if you spent over £150. On top of this, Nintendo are running an incentive where-by if you register Mario Kart 8 online before June 30th you can download one of 6 Wii U games for free. Regardless of how much of a flop you think the console is, you have to put the haterade down and admit that this is a good deal. A very good deal. So here I am. The owner of a Wii U. I am now struggling to think of what games I will buy for this console until the new Super Smash Bros. comes along. But I have a Wii U now. At this point I am praying to the Lord Jebus Christ that Nintendo throw triple A games and third party support in a Nintendo direct during E3 to make me feel less guilty about essentially buying a console for one game.
If you are down for chilling in my corner of the Miiverse, feel free to add me. The Wii U does not feature Friend codes, so you won't have to sit and cumbersomely enter a 15 digit code. It only took Nintendo a decade, but they got there in the end.
My Nintendo network ID is Random-J.